In order to stop the rear panel acting as a parachute, I'm getting a rear tonneau cover made by a local yacht cover/sail maker.
In order to get the pattern made, I needed to fit all the popper bases to the car.
The rear ones were relatively easy but the front ones needed the seats removed to get a drill in. Not a big problem, only 8 bolts for the seats and they were out.
Now just waiting to get measured up.

The problem this week was to do with electrics. Although I'm OK with the whole vehicle electrics thing, I still shudder as it means gaining access to places that are now securely bolted down.
Anyway, I go to drive the car to work and the lights won't come on! Did the basic checks to see if I could fix it straight away, but initially all seemed OK. Fuse was good and had 12V available at the contacts.
Later on, I did a little more detailed investigation and it appears that the fuse is not being held securely in the fuse-holder (the fuse blades were too thin - cheap fuses!) 
So, fuse swapped out with a better quality one and we're good to go!

The driveshaft CV joint with the failed bolts has been looked at and it appears that 3 bolts backed off and when it "let go" two more bolts sheared, leaving one bolt in place. Obviously one bolt was never going to hold and it failed.
The last bolt is pictured and it has sheared and well as suffered a lot of distortion.
I have now replaced all of the lobro bolts and thread locked and torqued them up. I cannot source a drilled head version of the bolt and being 12.9 they are quite resistant to being drilled.
I have made a recurring note to check all the driveline bolts (including the diff/prop and the prop adapter) for tightness every week if I have used the car.

Had a slight problem today; stopped off for fuel before going to work. Turned a corner and bang! No drive and a clonky noise from the rear.
Seems the offside outer CV bolts had all backed off enough a few turns each letting the offside driveshaft to become loose!
These bolts were all thread locked and it appears that, despite this, they are all loosening off.
A quick temporary repair was made (just to get me home) but I need to get them all secured 100%.
They are cap head bolts so, in theory, I can drill one edge and lock wire them in pairs.
I will do a test bolt tomorrow to see how it pans out...

Next wee job was to fit the HPC wheel covers. The security bolts were long discarded, so had to be replaced with stainless M8 20mm cap screws. I have little black inserts that fit in the Allen key hole just to keep them clean and I will fit them as soon as I know that the wheel covers will stay on :-)

First thing today was to go and pick up a diff. It's 3.92 open diff so a "diff"erent ratio to my existing 3.62
Lowers the top speed a little but it is still way above the national speed limit. Not planning to track it anytime soon so I'm not too bothered about that.
I want to just see if the clunking reduces. If it doesn't, it just means I have a spare diff :-)

The yellowbox "speedo healer" has now been calibrated and although the actual speedo is occasionally a little jumpy, at least the odometer is accurate. It was previously reading 50% higher (showing 90mph at a real 60mph), so recorded many more miles than was actually being driven. This doesn't help when you're on a limited mileage insurance policy!

The old PX600 was looking a little tired and the foam was starting to break down (after all it is a few years old now)
So, in the attempt to make the intake a little more "bonnet scoop" compatible, I ordered a slimmer replacement.
The top photo is the 120mm version, the bottom is the 90mm.
OK, so it is a little smaller but still will have trouble fitting under most scoops. I will have to have a think...

This is the new can fitted and it does change the exhaust note quite a bit. I will probably have to tweak the pilot air screws as this can is more restrictive than the previous one.
The exhaust hangar, courtesy of eBay, is from a Chinese moped (which must have a HUGE exhaust can!)
I have had to mount the can this way up to try to deflect the exhaust in the right direction. Unfortunately it means the original bracket is pointing at an angle towards the car but I have a plan for that too :-)

I fully intend to use the car to drive to work and that means leaving before 6am.
Now, the Carbon Fibre can does look good but it is not quiet by any means. In fact it's the ASBO of exhaust cans. It can set off car alarms...
I want to stay in the good books with the neighbours so thought I'd try a quieter can.
A quick search and here's the plan... an original ZX9R can. It's titanium, which is almost as blingy as CF and hopefully it will reduce the noise.
I only have to wait for a new hangar to arrive now; the old can is 10cm diameter, the newer one is 13cm.