The old exhaust mount is a bit of a bodge. It's a small strip of thick aluminium with some banding rubber on one end. It just looks a bit grotty.

I wanted to make it a little better and introduce a rubber bobbin.

A wee ebay purchase later and I have four M8 x 25mm bobbins. I ordered four because you never can tell... that and the fact that they only did them in packs of four.

It makes it a little neater and also has the benefit of raising the exhaust can a bit.
It's the lowest part of the car and although it hasn't contacted the road yet, it's only time.

A small job but an improvement nonetheless.

I'm a little concerned about the droop as the weight of the exhaust is twisting the bobbin. I could always alleviate the problem by adding another mounting strap and sharing the load between two bobbins?